Can we take a chill pill for a minute? Does the holidays have you stressed out? I mean I have no excuse everyday life stresses me out, that’s the curse of being a worrier, big holidays just kinda make it worse… but I could have some helpful tips for you to survive the holiday season…
12 tips to survive the holiday season:
1. Mistletoe. Stay away from it & you’ll avoid close to 80% of all holiday awkwardness.
2. Bring booze to a party. The party can start once you arrive.
3. Drink a glass of water for every boozy drink you drink. You just have to.
4. When your friends mother asks you AGAIN when you’re having baby, distract her with booze. (I’m not even in a serious relationship)
5. Drink booze when you find out you did not get a Christmas bonus.
6. If you DO get a Christmas bonus, buy a nice bottle of booze. Buy one for your boss too. You both deserve it.
7. Gift cards are awesome. Whoever said they weren’t thoughtful, clearly doesn’t get it. (trust me or you’ll end up like number 9)
8. If you ate too many cookies don’t feel bad. Just eat salad for the next few meals. Also, inhale kale.
9. Keep tabs on who’s around you when you open presents. This is important information for future re-gifting.
10. If you plan on wearing an ironic/bedazzled Christmas sweater, avoid open flames.
11. Whenever there’s awkwardness in a conversation, blurt out the word YULE LOG.
12. Host a Christmas party and make Maple Bourbon Cider. Make some Hummus while you’re at it.
Now let’s just say I stick to this every holiday season… Sorry if you get a re-gift… It’s better than it collecting dust in my house… Hush it now go get some holiday booze and make this quick easy hummus!
In honor of this stress free post all my photos were taken with my iPhone…
But seriously if you’re having a party or going to a party and wanna look extra special than the usual booze you bring, then this hummus is it. No oven, you use canned beans and you plop it in a serving dish!
Now you’re fancy you brought dip and booze.
That’s Maj tots fancy!
Everything White Bean Hummus
3 cups cooked cannellini/great northern beans (2 cans, drained and rinsed)
6 tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (if you don’t have sub in more olive oil
1 whole head of garlic minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
crackers for serving
In a small bowl, combine dried onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Toss to mix.
Add beans and roasted garlic to a food processor and pulse and blend until combined the beans begin to puree, about 2-3 minutes. With the processor still going, stream in olive oil and sesame oil, blending continuously for a few minutes (and scraping down the sides if needed) until as smooth as desired. Add salt and taste, adding more if desired but remember – all of the seasoning will go on top.
Add hummus to a bowl and drizzle with extra olive oil. Pour everything seasoning overtop and serve immediately.
P.S. it is essential that you like the “everything” seasoning to enjoy this!