I’m Jamie. I’m a baker. Had you guessed as much?
I’m currently hurdling into my twenties, trying to show the world, and my kitchen, what’s what.
I’m a self taught/ family taught/ taste buds taught baker.
I grew up in the kitchen in between my father, who makes a mean Pumpkin Cheese Cake Pie, and my mother, who made everything awesome… don’t ask. Between my kitchen loving parents, the clinking cake pans, and the flying flour, it became clear that baking is in my blood.
I live in Baltimore, in the city. That’s where I do a majority of my living, working, eating, cocktailing and related horsing around.
I really like peanut butter… and cookies.. and anything with the word ‘cake’ in the title… and funky things like Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars. I can think of no better way to get to eat all of these goodies, than to teach myself how to bake them.
Hey Jamie Bakes has been up and running and taking over the Internet since November 2011.
It all started because I like to take pictures of everything I eat and make.
In that time I’ve made an immeasurable amount of friends in people like you.
Here’s a little of the nitty gritty:
- I shoot using a Nikon. Can I be honest? Back in the day, I used to take food photos with my camera phone exclusively…. I’m not all that fancy.
- I use natural light. Why? Because I love to bake and shoot in the morning, and my life works out pretty well that way.
- The blog is powered by WordPress, an unbelievable amount of granulated sugar, and a sometimes unreasonable desire to share with you all of my kitchen happenings.
- My favorite thing to bake is Sweet Potato Pie.
- I love purple and skinny pants.
- I drink beer. I love bourbon and rum.
- I wear clogs in the kitchen and cute shoes out in the world.
- I really suck at wearing lipstick.
And… put me in a pair of tight black pants and a cardigan and I’m good for the rest of my life.
I sincerely thank you for coming here so loyally, baking things and saying nice words. I’m so glad you’re around.
I mean that from deep inside my heart.